Celebrate Leap Year
The Egyptians were among the first to calculate the need for a leap year and without it our calendar would slowly drift off course. Since we only get to celebrate leap day once every four years, it is a great opportunity to do something special or new.
Here are some ideas from The Human Bean Northern Colorado on how you can celebrate this leap year.
- Throw a leap day party
- Write a letter to yourself to open on the next leap year
- Celebrate spring a few weeks early by tackling a major cleaning project
- Make a leap day time capsule
- Take a “leap” and try something new at The Human Bean. Some of our favorites that we think are worth taking a “leap” include:
- Mate Latte with a touch of almond – Mate is a traditional South American drink rich in antioxidants and nutrients. It is sweetly spiced with cinnamon, cloves, vanilla. Enjoy it hot, iced or blended and with a touch of almond syrup.
- Noosa Mates – Your favorite locally made Noosa Yoghurt now comes with quality toppings and mix-ins. Enjoy flavors such as Coffee Chocolate Almond, Banana Chocolate Peanut, Lemon Tart, Cookies & Cream, Salted Caramel and Coconut Almond Chocolate. Flavors vary by week and by location.
- Our current Regional Roast from Costa Rica – Grown on the slopes of Poas Volcano and Rainforest Alliance Certified, this Light Roast is bright and delicate with tasting notes of bergamot and lemongrass. We hold this regional roast from Costa Rica close to our hearts because of our long relationship with La Hilda Estate that these beans come from. This estate was our first Direct Trade arrangement, over 20 years ago! Through the Farm Friendly Direct
Program we are committed to the farms we purchase from and for the La Hilda Estate that meant helping establish internet access and hiring a computer instructor for the on-site La Hilda School.